New Direction Advanced Weight Management System
What makes New Direction Advanced different?
Supervised by a team of health care professionals, the New Direction Advanced Weight Management Program is a comprehensive program designed to help you achieve healthy weight loss. Adaptable to your personalized needs, the program has two medically supervised programs varying in treatment intensity — a Low-Calorie Diet and a Very Low-Calorie Diet.
New Direction Advanced Weight Management Program is a comprehensive program designed to help you achieve healthy weight loss. Adaptable to your personalized needs, the program has two medically supervised programs varying in treatment intensity — a Low-Calorie Diet and a Very Low-Calorie Diet.
The New Direction Advanced program can help affect a number of chronic health conditions, including lower blood pressure, a reduction in blood sugar levels, lower serum cholesterol, and decreased pain in weight-bearing joints.
By design, New Direction Advanced is a multidisciplinary program of nutrition education, behavior development, and appropriate physical activity — all provided with the support of our team — to bring about lasting lifestyle change as you progress to your weight loss goal.
Phases of Our Weight Loss Program
The Screening Phase consists of essential medical and laboratory tests to insure that you are able to participate and be successful in the program.
During the Reducing Phase, you will consume great-tasting nutritional products as your primary food intake. These meal replacement products are scientifically designed to help provide you with a complete balance of the essential nutrients needed for safe and effective weight loss.
Gradually, grocery foods will be introduced into your new daily diet and the consumption of meal replacements will decrease. Working with our team, your calorie intake will be adjusted so that you can maintain the weight you lost during the Reducing Phase.
MAINTENANCE PHASE (STAR PLAN—STEPS TO AVOID REGAIN)
Under the guidance of our medical staff, you will eat grocery foods and practice newly learned lifestyle skills so that you can maintain your new body weight in addition to meeting your nutritional needs.
New Direction Advanced is an exciting new “state of the science” weight management program that provides optimal nutrition and comprehensive support to help achieve your weight loss goals.“
OUR PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR YOUR SUCCESS
• Simplified meal plans to meet your essential nutritional requirements along with a wide variety of options to satisfy your food preferences
• Nutrition and exercise tools to provide you with practical and proven methods to achieve the benefits of a healthy weight —and keep it off
• Our behavior education program helps provide the lifestyle skills necessary to achieve and maintain a healthy weight for life
• A cutting-edge, personalized mobile app to easily track your progress! This HIPAA-compliant interface connects with other devices and allows you to enter meals, hydration and exercise, make appointments and stay connected to your provider via video chat
• A wide variety of great-tasting products, including shakes, bars, snacks, soups and more
• 100% of the daily value of vitamins and minerals
• High-quality proteins that will help you feel fuller throughout the day
• A unique combination of complex carbohydrates and beneficial fibers to help support healthy blood glucose levels and insulin balance
• The nutritional balance of the products is designed to help protect lean muscle mass and burn excess body fat
• Prebiotic and probiotic ingredients help benefit intestinal health, immunity and reduce bloating
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW MANY CALORIES WILL I BE CONSUMING?
Most clients follow a daily meal plan of 800 calories, which typically consists of four meal replacements. Make sure you consume the prescribed number of products to ensure you have the essential nutrition needed for successful weight loss.
HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN I EXPECT TO LOSE?
This may be everyone’s top question! The answer: It depends on several factors including your current weight, program, age, gender and activity level. A loss of four to seven pounds is common in the first week or so. Ongoing weight loss will average about two to four pounds a week.
WHY IS PROTEIN SO IMPORTANT IN A DIET?
Your body must have protein to meet its physiological needs. Without our concentrated protein, your body would break down its own tissues. That can have serious health consequences.
AREN’T CARBOHYDRATES AND FAT ALSO IMPORTANT?
Yes, but smaller amounts are sufficient. Carbohydrates help protect your body’s protein and maintain electrolyte and fluid balance. Moderate amounts of fat provide essential fatty acids, which are needed for good health.
HOW WILL THIS DIET HELP ME LOSE BODY FAT?
Ordinarily, your body uses glucose from carbohydrates for energy. When calories and carbohydrates are limited, your body burns its own stored fat for energy. The fat is released into the bloodstream and travels to the liver, where it is converted to ketones (KEE-tones). The ketones are then released back into the bloodstream, where muscles and tissues use them for energy. This process is called Ketosis (kee-TOSE-sis).
WILL I BE HUNGRY?
Most clients report that their hunger diminishes or disappears within three to five days of beginning the program due to the presence of ketones and reduced food temptations. Our high protein, low-carbohydrate nutritional profile also plays a role in appetite suppression.
ARE THERE ANY COMMON SIDE EFFECTS?
Some people may experience easy-to-manage, temporary side effects as their body adjusts to the diet. They may include:
• Dizziness. As you begin losing weight, you lose a lot of water as urine. This lowers blood volume and, hence, blood pressure. To minimize dizziness, avoid changing positions quickly.
Don’t use whirlpools, saunas or steam baths.
Drink plenty of water.
• Mild Fatigue, Dry Skin, Sensitivity to Cold. Can be treated easily with extra rest, lotions, and extra clothing.
• ‘Fruity’ Breath. Ketosis may temporarily give your breath a fruity odor. You may use a mouthwash.
• Gallstones. Tell your counselor about any symptoms or history of gallstones; you may require additional tests or treatment while on the program.
• Gastrointestinal Upset. Changing from solid food to a liquid diet may cause constipation or diarrhea. Over-the-counter medications are available for either condition. In addition, your medical team can add a fiber product to your meal plan to help relieve constipation.
• Hair Loss. A small percentage of patients may experience minimal hair loss three to six months into the diet. New hair grows in just as the old hair is lost.
• Leg Cramps. Drinking more fluids or increasing electrolytes can often relieve occasional or mild leg cramps. Your physician should evaluate any leg pain you are experiencing.
• Menstrual Irregularities. Dietary changes may cause delayed or missed periods. Women who miss a period or have a late period must be tested for pregnancy.
See your physician or personal physician about any symptoms that persist or concern you.
Scientifically Advanced Nutrition
For additional information contact:
1250 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. Suite 700
Hallandale, FL 33009