What makes New Direction Advanced
Supervised by a team of health care professionals, the
New Direction Advanced Weight Management Program is
a comprehensive program designed to help you achieve
healthy weight loss. Adaptable to your personalized needs,
the program has two medically supervised programs varying
in treatment intensity — a Low-Calorie Diet and a Very Low
The New Direction Advanced program can help affect a
number of chronic health conditions, including lower
blood pressure, a reduction in blood sugar levels, lower
serum cholesterol, and decreased pain in weight-bearing
By design, New Direction Advanced is a multidisciplinary
program of nutrition education, behavior development, and
appropriate physical activity — all provided with the support
of our team — to bring about lasting lifestyle change as you
progress to your weight loss goal.
Phases of Our Weight Loss Program
The Screening Phase consists of essential medical and laboratory tests to insure
that you are able to participate and be successful in the program.
During the Reducing Phase, you will consume great-tasting nutritional products
as your primary food intake. These meal replacement products are scientifically
designed to help provide you with a complete balance of the essential nutrients
needed for safe and effective weight loss.
Gradually, grocery foods will be introduced into your new daily diet and the
consumption of meal replacements will decrease. Working with our team, your
calorie intake will be adjusted so that you can maintain the weight you lost during
the Reducing Phase.
MAINTENANCE PHASE (STAR PLAN—STEPS TO AVOID REGAIN)
Under the guidance of our medical staff, you will eat grocery foods and practice
newly learned lifestyle skills so that you can maintain your new body weight in
addition to meeting your nutritional needs.
New Direction Advanced is an exciting new “state of the science” weight management program that provides optimal nutrition and comprehensive support to help achieve your
weight loss goals.
OUR PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR YOUR SUCCESS
• Simplified meal plans to meet your essential nutritional requirements along with a wide variety of options to satisfy your food preferences
• Nutrition and exercise tools to provide you with practical and proven methods to achieve the benefits of a healthy weight —and keep it off
• Our behavior education program helps provide the lifestyle skills necessary to achieve and maintain a healthy weight for life
• A cutting edge, personalized mobile app to easily track your progress! This HIPAA compliant interface connects with other devices and allows you to enter meals, hydration and exercise, make appointments and stay connected to your provider via video chat
• A wide variety of great tasting products, including shakes, bars, snacks, soups and more
• 100% of the daily value of vitamins and minerals
• High-quality proteins that will help you feel fuller throughout the day
• A unique combination of complex carbohydrates and beneficial fibers to help support healthy blood glucose levels and insulin balance
• The nutritional balance of the products is designed to help protect lean muscle mass and burn excess body fat
• Prebiotic and probiotic ingredients help benefit intestinal health, immunity and reduce bloating
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW MANY CALORIES WILL I BE CONSUMING?
Most clients follow a daily meal plan of 800
calories, which typically consists of four meal
replacements. Make sure you consume the
prescribed number of products to ensure you
have the essential nutrition needed for successful weight loss
HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN I EXPECT TO LOSE?
This may be everyone’s top question! The
answer: It depends on several factors including
your current weight, program, age, gender and
activity level. A loss of four to seven pounds is
common in the first week or so. Ongoing weight
loss will average about two to four pounds a
WHY IS PROTEIN SO IMPORTANT IN A DIET?
Your body must have protein to meet its
physiological needs. Without our concentrated
protein, your body would break down its
own tissues. That can have serious health
AREN’T CARBOHYDRATES AND FAT ALSO
Yes, but smaller amounts are sufficient.
Carbohydrates help protect your body’s protein
and maintain electrolyte and fluid balance.
Moderate amounts of fat provide essential fatty
acids, which are needed for good health.
HOW WILL THIS DIET HELP ME LOSE BODY
Ordinarily, your body uses glucose from
carbohydrates for energy. When calories and
carbohydrates are limited, your body burns its
own stored fat for energy. The fat is released into
the bloodstream and travels to the liver, where it
is converted to ketones (KEE-tones). The ketones
are then released back into the bloodstream,
where muscles and tissues use them for energy.
This process is called Ketosis (kee-TOSE-sis).
WILL I BE HUNGRY?
Most clients report that their hunger diminishes
or disappears within three to five days of
beginning the program due to the presence of
ketones and reduced food temptations. Our highprotein, low-carbohydrate nutritional profile also plays a role in appetite suppression.
ARE THERE ANY COMMON SIDE EFFECTS?
Some people may experience easy-to-manage,
temporary side effects as their body adjusts to the diet. They may include:
• Dizziness. As you begin losing weight, you
lose a lot of water as urine. This lowers blood
volume and, hence, blood pressure. To minimize
dizziness, avoid changing positions quickly.
Don’t use whirlpools, saunas or steam baths.
Drink plenty of water.
• Mild Fatigue, Dry Skin, Sensitivity to Cold. Can be treated easily with extra rest, lotions, and extra clothing.
• ‘Fruity’ Breath. Ketosis may temporarily give your breath a fruity odor. You may use a mouthwash.
• Gallstones. Tell your counselor about any
symptoms or history of gallstones; you may
require additional tests or treatment while on
• Gastrointestinal Upset. Changing from solid
food to a liquid diet may cause constipation
or diarrhea. Over-the-counter medications are
available for either condition. In addition, your
medical team can add a fiber product to your
meal plan to help relieve constipation.
• Hair Loss. A small percentage of patients may
experience minimal hair loss three to six months
into the diet. New hair grows in just as the old
hair is lost.
• Leg Cramps. Drinking more fluids or increasing
electrolytes can often relieve occasional or mild
leg cramps. Your physician should evaluate any
leg pain you are experiencing.
• Menstrual Irregularities. Dietary changes may
cause delayed or missed periods. Women who
miss a period or have a late period must be
tested for pregnancy.
See your physician or personal physician about any symptoms that persist or concern you.
Scientifically Advanced Nutrition
For additional information contact:
1250 E. HALLANDALE BEACH BLVD. SUITE 700
HALLANDALE, FL 33009